February 16, 2009

VD, vampires and little felt hearts

Weekend recap: Dollhouse was ok. I think I was dazzled by Eliza Dushku's beauty into thinking it was better, but once it was over, I could see that it shambled a bit. BUT we have to remember that this is a last minute filler episode that Joss put in to explain how things work in his world, and I'm not going to judge it too harshly.

And Battlestar Galactica was just frakking awesome, as always. Gord and I need to rewatch it, though, because so much was revealed that we couldn't keep up with it all.

For VD, we had sushi and watched a really sweet love story called "Let the Right One In". Maybe not so much a love story as a subtitled vampire movie from Sweden....but it was also kind of lovely.

We also watched Religulous last night. Its one of those funny/disturbing movies that leaves me wondering if everyone but me is just a high functioning wacko...

I don't have much experience with religion. My brother and I went to Sunday School when we were kids, not at a church but at the community hall. And I'm pretty sure I spent most of my time daydreaming, because all I remember is singing that tack song, pretending my finger was a candle, and getting finger jello afterwards. If that was supposed to be the liver of Christ or something, no one told me.

And we went to christian camp in the summer, but that was more because it was close, our friends went there, and it got us out of the house for a week. Again, the religious part of it whooshed right past me, and I just enjoyed the campfires and capture the flag. The only lasting religious thought I got out of it was "God is Love" because at craft time they had us embroider it on a little red felt heart. I know after our camp went home, other camps used the same buildings, so it's entirely possible that a rival christian camp moved in and had all the little kids embroider "God Hates" on little black felt hearts.

You have to be really careful what you teach your kids, cause they may grow up to be assholes.

No comments:

 

Free-Three Column Templates for Blogger | Discover The Essence of Your Life Here