February 10, 2009

Heartbreak Hotel

It's so much easier to give things a song title.

We're renting, and we're not allowed dogs. This isn't a big problem because I haven't really had the heart to have a dog since I put Mikey down on Easter weekend 2 years ago. He did not rise from the dead. He's on top of my bookshelf right now, in a tiny little box, and I don't know if I can ever spread those ashes. Maybe I'll wait, and someone can send us off together.

And on that maudlin note, I made the mistake of opening an email from the Animal Rescue Network, and checking their next adoption days, and then the bigger mistake of checking the photos of the dogs they have for adoption.

And if it weren't for the damn rental agreement, one of these darling puppies would be on my lap right now.
Bowser



Blue

If you live in the Montreal area and are looking for a pet, please check out the Animal Rescue Network. They're the largest no-kill shelter in Montreal, and they're having an adoption day this Saturday. It's Valentine's Day, and you are supposed to find someone who will love you forever, right? Dogs trump people every time on that count.

Adoption Day
Saturday February 14th, 2009 11:59 AM until 04:00 PM
Location: Natural Animal & Pawtisserie 514-488-4729
Map: 4932B Sherbrooke West Montreal QC

No comments:

 

Free-Three Column Templates for Blogger | Discover The Essence of Your Life Here