February 09, 2009

Gluten free peanut butter cookies

Who knew you could make cookies without any flour at all? When I read this recipe, I had visions of burnt globs of peanut butter on my cookie sheet, but it does work. It's also the easiest recipe in the world,

1 cup peanut butter (recipe said smooth, we went chunky)
1 cup white sugar (this is a bit too sweet, you could cut it down to 3/4 or even 1/2, maybe)
1 egg

Bake @ 350 for 12-15 minutes, or until they're golden brown at the bottom.

This will make about 1 dozen cookies. And it's easy enough that even I can do the math if this needed to be doubled, quadrupled, etc.

I like this because when we grocery shop, we try to skip the cookie/snack aisle, which is good... But then we end up at home desperately craving something sweet at 11PM on a Sunday night, and can't do anything about it. Until this little gem came our way, because it's all stuff we have around all the time. Diets be damned!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Great! I love some peanut butter cookies.

 

Free-Three Column Templates for Blogger | Discover The Essence of Your Life Here