January 02, 2009

This is the end

I went grocery shopping today, and for the first time in months had to revert back to picking up food based on it's 'grab & go' quotient. Blech. Do you have any idea how many little yogurt cups I've eaten in my life, not because I like yogurt but because they come in a little package and can be thrown in a bag. How many times I've burned my tongue on those stupid microwavable Campbell's Tomato Soup cups?

Gord and I have been living the high life the last 6 months, at least as far as food goes. We ate what we wanted regardless of prep time or convenience. Soups made from scratch are far, far better than anything canned. We were so thrilled to find chipotle peppers in adobo sauce when we wanted to make Alton Brown's Chili, who cared that it took forever searching the Fruits Rocky Montana? That's the actual store name, I don't know if they just randomly chose some English words and hoped they made sense, or if there's a reason for it. Anyway, now our kitchen is full of granola bars, frozen pizza, canned sauces & soups...

Ah well. Into each life a little rain must fall, right? If it happens to rain stale granola bars, it could be a whole lot worse.

No comments:

 

Free-Three Column Templates for Blogger | Discover The Essence of Your Life Here