January 30, 2009

Wanglo

Here's the thing about me. I'm stupid. I stay up very very late on Monday and Wednesday nights because I don't have class til 4pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and can pretty much sleep until 3 if I so choose. No biggie. I make it to class.

But Tuesday and Thursday nights, I am not tired, I end up getting a whopping 3 or 4 hours of sleep before I have to be in French class at 10am. I thought I was ok. I made it through Wednesday's class. Today, I felt like I'd swapped brains with old W.

We start every class with role call, in French, and the professeur asks everyone a question using some of the terms we learned in the previous class. It's great practice, and we all learn a lot. Today, I'm sitting in class, waiting for my double double to cool to a drinkable temp, and I'm trying so very hard to stay awake, to pay attention, to understand what my classmates are saying......and I think to myself,

"Why is it so hard? It's like they're speaking a different language..."

I expect my official Idiot certificate is in the mail.

No comments:

 

Free-Three Column Templates for Blogger | Discover The Essence of Your Life Here