August 05, 2008

What has happened in the last 6 days? A hell of a lot of nothing. Made some chili. Went to Ikea. Watched Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay (and may I say, this surpassed the original IMHO). Have been drawing a bit, reading a fair bit, and generally wondering when this thing called 'motivation' is going to kick in, hopefully when my new art supplies get here.

The last thing I want to do right now is get a job, so please stop asking. I moved out here so I could finally focus on being an artist, and it ain't gonna happen if I get sucked back into that 9 -5 crap. And despite appearances, there's a lot of work going on. I'm having to rewire my entire brain to allow for such nonsense as 'drawing = working' and 'sleeping when I'm tired, not when it's some arbitrary universal bedtime'. Its anarchy. Sometimes we have hotdogs and chili for breakfast, and waffles for dinner, a sure sign of the apocalypse. I moved out here so I could focus on being the person I want to be rather than the person I've been pushed to be my whole life, and to do it without having to apologize for it every step of the way, so that's that. NO JOB. I will make money doing something I actually enjoy for once in my life, and there will be no further discussion. If you don't believe in me, at least keep quiet and let me believe in myself for a while.
 

Free-Three Column Templates for Blogger | Discover The Essence of Your Life Here