August 13, 2008

Mr. Christie, you're ripping us off.

I think they're putting less icing in Oreos these days. The ones on the bag have icing right to the edge of the cookie bits. Of the many I've eaten tonight, not one has lived up to the picture.

I'm watching the mens 3meter syncronized diving, and I'm really hoping we can get a medal here. Just one freaking medal can't be too much to ask. At least the men do 6 dives, so there's a chance everyone else will make a mistake and we can sneak onto the podium. I always forget how disappointing the summer games are. Oh, the very hairy German team had a bit of a miss, according to the lady at CBC. Maybe that's our chance. I'm not saying he should wax his inner thighs because who needs that kind of pain, but that's a lot of hair if you're going to wear a speedo.

My stupid scanner thinks it's not connected, so I have to wait for Gord to fix it. If that doesn't work, Kelly will be out on the 19th (what time does your plane get in, and does it bother you that for the rest of your life, you're stuck fixing every electronic issue in the family? Not that I'll stop asking, but maybe I'll start paying you in cookies or pocky sticks instead of nothing.) The HP help forums suggest getting a shorter USB cable, and I think we have one somewhere, but I can't find it. The old "unplug & restart" didn't work, so I'm O-U-T of ide-ers.

Curse the Ukrainians, they're going to steal our fourth position. But, according to CBC lady, 'they're not as beautiful to watch' as the other divers, because their knees are bent. Maybe that will work in our favor. Hot damn, we weren't syncronized on the 5th dive, so we have to pull off a perfect dive in the last round. And everyone else needs to do a bellyflop. Ah well, we've still got hockey.

I was reading Winnie-the-Pooh and the House at Pooh Corner but had to stop before the last chapter so I didn't read the bit where Christopher Robin outgrows Pooh. Other than that slap of realism, it's a beautiful book.

OOOooh, the US might have made a mistake, short of vertical. Hope springs eternal on the back of someone else's mistake.

You know what's satisfying? Cheering for the Chinese. They don't disappoint, unlike Oreos.
And the Canadians? I'm not going to spoil it for you.

No comments:

 

Free-Three Column Templates for Blogger | Discover The Essence of Your Life Here